“I’m not sure how to get it right in LinkedIn – what should I do? “
This is probably the most common question I come across when talking to people. I could go into a lot of detail about how to use LinkedIn however, for me there are 3 key principles of getting it right in LinkedIn:
Integrate your Personal Values
In your profile, in your content, in your communication, in your comments. This allows others to get to the heart of your business, how you care for your customers, why they should trust you. Allow them to see the person behind the profile.
Interact with Connections
Be proactive and engage with people. Comment on their posts, communicate with them, get to know them better. Invest time to build quality relationships.
Inform & Educate
Share your nuggets of knowledge and best practice about your area of expertise. Give generously and raise your profile as an expert.
There is far more to understanding LinkedIn but if you get the above 3 key principles right, you will be well on the way to getting it right in LinkedIn.
Integrating your personal values is the key that unlocks the others.
- Take a notepad and list down the top 5 values that are important to you personally.
- Read through your profile About section objectively – do your personal values shine through?
- What about the content that you post in LinkedIn – how well do your values integrate?
- Now consider the engagement on content that others post – are the values you believe in are truly reflected
- If you need another pair of eyes, ask a trusted friend/colleague to review for you – and offer to do the same for them.
Profile Review Service
Or ask me for a professional Profile Review.
You’ll get honest feedback on your Profile, your Content and your Strategy with helpful suggestions for how to improve, but no sugar-coating… if it’s not working, I’ll tell you with kindness and tact.