One of the things I see frequently when helping people to use LinkedIn for Business is that they have set up a Company Page in LinkedIn but haven’t linked their Personal Professional Profile to it.
💡Here is how to do it – once your Company Page has been set up, it honestly takes a few seconds to link your Personal Professional Profile to it!
- In Your Personal Professional Profile, scroll down to your Experience section
- Make sure you have added your role in the business as an Experience – if you haven’t then you’ll need to Add an Experience – then follow from step 4 below
- Click the Edit button (the pencil button at the right) which opens the Editing window
- Click into the Company field
- Delete anything that is already in the Company field (even if it is the Company name)
- Type in the name of the Company Page (as this is what you are aligning to) – as you do so, you will see some different options appear.
- When your own Company Page is visible, click to select it and then Save
💡 Be careful not to select the wrong Company Page – I’ve seen several people select what looks like their Company Page as the name may be similar.
💡 When you set up your Company Page, I strongly advise you to add your logo to it, so that when you select the page in step 7 above, it will be easily identifiable.
Watch the short video to see the above steps demonstrated.